So as the years go by and the fine lines on my face are making themselves known, one thing I think can still make a difference the older I get, is good teethypegs. Whilst holidaying with my mother she mentioned that my front tooth was starting to push forward and shock horror she was right. A swift trip to the dentist confirmed that your teeth do shift with age and although I had joined the train-track brace gang in my teens, I would indeed benefit from a little straightening out. Vanity got the better of me and I opted for Invisalign. In short the dentist takes a mould of your teeth and attaches little ‘buttons’ to your teeth that then fit a series of bespoke clear aligners. You have a course of treatment which includes a number of aligners and come away with nice straight teeth at the end.
Invisalign is a financial investment so you are best to have a consultation and see how you feel. I go to Pure Smiles in Fulham and so far my treatment has been a lot easier than the old train track variety.
Some things worth noting though –
– Invisalign is a commitment, for results you have to wear your aligner 20 to 22 hrs a day even if it is a special day like attending a wedding etc.
– You can’t eat with your aligner in which means no more snacking (I consider this a mega plus as it has stopped me hoovering up the kid’s leftovers!)
– Sadly it is goodbye to Shellac nail varnish – it chips as you remove your aligners.
– Even worse it’s goodbye to lipstick too. I had a disastrous first outing trying to wear my beloved Mac Lady Danger and it smeared all over the front my new aligner.
– It is likely that at the end of your treatment you will need a retainer of sorts to stop them moving again.
I have also upped my dental hygiene armoury to include the Oral-B Pro 2500 Toothbrush. It comes in either black or pink and includes a handy travel case so no excuses when on holiday. My dentist also recommended Tepe flossing brushes which I find a whole lot easier than the old dental floss type.
Will keep you posted on my quest for the perfect smile.
All in the detail:
I go to Pure Smiles in Fulham for my Invisalign Treatment – 0203 613 3343
They have practices on Fulham Road and New King’s Road
Oral-B Pro 2500 Toothbrush available on Amazon